360g ground almonds
6 tbsp desiccated coconut
120g true coconut palm sugar
140g coconut oil
½ tbs vanilla powder
Zest of 2½ lemons
Juice ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, cream together the oil and sugar with an electric whisk – this is easier if the coconut oil is soft.
- Mix all the other ingredients in with a wooden spoon and use your hands to bring the mixture together.
- Roll the dough into balls and flatten them into cookie shapes. This recipe makes 24 large cookies.
- Place the cookies on the tray and then bake for 12-15 minutes until they are golden on top. Check after 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack and allow to cool.