¾ cup IIHF almonds
1 tbsp true cacao powder
12 pitted dates
2 tbsp peanut butter
1-2 tbsp agave syrup (if using fresh medjool dates, you will probably only need a tiny amount of agave syrup – or none at all!)
- Place the dates, cacao powder and peanut butter into a food processor. Blend until the mixture resembles a paste.
- Add the almonds and pulse until as chunky or smooth as required (be careful not to over-blend as the mixture will become too liquid).
- If your mixture is too dry, add 1 tbsp of agave syrup, then pulse to mix through. If it is still too dry add another tablespoon and pulse again. The mixture should be a little sticky and roll easily into balls.
- Using your hand, shape the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls.
- For best results store in an airtight container in the fridge and eat within a week – if they last that long!